Cameleon is fast-adaptive, has flexible imaging and stereoscopic view.
Cameleon is flexible imaging platform based on Spartan-3E FPGA and USB communication. It offers simple entry point to FPGA imaging. The FPGA can be used for real-time high-speed image processing.
The package includes the FPGA reference design and PC software with source code. Examples in C#, MatLab and Xilinx tool suite are available.
The image-processing core library includes 3D laser triangulation (3D scanning)* and a 2D FIR filter. It is extremely versatile and rich in free IOs, which can be used for VGA, SPI, I2C, encoders, etc.
* Cameleon WVGA mono only!
• Aptina MT9V034,
• 1/3'' CMOS colour or monochrome sensor,
• 752 × 480 pixels,
• 6 μm pixel size,
• 64 FPS continuous video acquisition,
• global shutter,
• linear or high dynamic range response.
• Mini USB2.0 connection to PC (USB powered ~ 1.5 W),
• header for external USB connector,
• 40-pin header for head connection,
• 34-pin header for add-ons connection.
• 1.6 Mgates Spartan-3E with 64 MB DDR SDRAM
• 4.5 or 7.5 Mgates Spartan-6LX option
• Xilinx EDK system-on-chip maximizes system flexibility
• Reference design included.
• 64 × 80 × 41 mm (housing),
• 64 × 80 × 43 mm (M12 LED housing),
• 47 × 54 × 31 mm (OEM with M12 lens holder).
compatible with Optomotive SHARKi software (full source included) and other machine vision software’s, like Halcon, National Instruments, etc., usable through CAM_API dynamically linked library in custom applications (C++, C# examples included) and 3rd party applications (MATLAB(R), LabView(R), etc.).
* Cameleon WVGA only!
• Custom LED ring lighting
• Additional camera heads
• Opto-isolation board
• C or CS lens mount
• Housing with LED ring and M12 lens mount (IP67 option)
• C or CS housing (IP67 option)
• Additional IP cores available on demand
• 3D Laser Face Scanner - University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Laboratory of Optodynamics and Laser Applications (also available for purchase/contact us for more info)
• 3D Laser Engraving Machine for Engraving on Arbitrary Surfaces (patented) - University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Laboratory of Optodynamics and Laser Applications
• 3D Laser Scanner - University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Laboratory for Manufacturing Cybernetics and Experimentation (also available for purchase/contact us for more info)
• Waterproof Camera Prototype for Infrastructural Lightning Application
• Camera Prototype for 3D Retina Scanner
• Camera’s FPGA Architecture for Reverse Vending Machine
• Printing Control (also available for purchase/contact us for more info)