Packaging is the science, art, and technology of enclosing or protecting products for distribution, storage, sale, and use. Packaging also refers to the process of design, evaluation, and production of packages. Packaging can be described as a coordinated system of preparing goods for transport, warehousing, logistics, sale, and end use. In many countries it is fully integrated into government, business, and institutional, industrial, and personal use.
Printing is a process for reproducing text and image, typically with ink on paper using a printing press. It is often carried out as a large-scale industrial process, and is an essential part of publishing and transaction printing.
Packaging go hand-in-hand with printing, as none package is delivered without a label, and both industries of course use the advantages of process automation.
Both industries need machine vision systems that are designed for complex, frequently changing tasks, while meeting increasingly demanding brand protection and safety.
OPTOMOTIVE’s high-speed and intelligent cameras provide high quality, clean and noise-free images, real time image processing, making it possible to capture the objects on-line and at high speed.
• verification of quality and consistency of printed material and industrial packaging,
• inspection of the position of packaging components,
• guidance of the complex laser systems for controlling of loading robots,
• checking the quality of bank notes,
• checking the quality of travelers checks,
• checking the quality of lottery tickets,
• monitoring and registration of print defects,
• inspection of bar codes,
• control of color quality,
• control of correct label positioning,
• reading and verifying information on inserts,
• verifying key information on invoices,
• verification of position and resolution of barcode,
• verification of the integrity of a hologram and watermarks,
• checking of accuracy of number sequence,
• front-to-back matching and control of intelligent inserters,
• and many others.